Middle-earth Talk Radio Show 26 June 8 2010
Format: MP3 (192 Kbps constant rate, 44,100 Hz)
Duration: 51 minutes 44 seconds
Filesize: 71.0 MB (74,406,185 bytes)
The Shire At Dawn
from the album Elementaria
- Additional message from Guillermo Del Torro regarding leaving "The Hobbit" movie project
- Congratulations to Sir Richard Taylor of Weta Workshop
- Discussion of other directors (poll) for The Hobbit
- Further discussion on the impact of MGM's financial struggles, near $4 billion USD debt
- Miyazaki Tales from Earthsea (and others)
- Scifi channel blocking it's distribution in North America
- Comingsoon.net movies
- Centurion movie
- Wall Street and MGM sad tale not over yet
- As of 2010, the Turner Entertainment Co. unit of Time Warner owns the rights to the pre-1986 MGM film library, with Warner Bros. handling distribution. Turner acquired the MGM library during its brief ownership of the company in 1986.
- University of Wales Online Tolkien October 2010 course actually available to everyone!
- LotRo MMORPG (Lord of the Rings Online Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) going Free-to-play
- World of Warcraft on Southpark episode (old news to Southpark viewers) (not appropriate for all audiences)
- Mazes and Monsters movie
- More on LotRo
- Looking for additional Game Masters for upcoming Tolkien Moot 2010 August 13-15 in Spokane, Washington, USA
- One responder mentioned game system DragonRaid, turns out to be a fundamentalist Christian RPG (Role Playing Game) system
- Michael on butchering nouns used as verbs, especially discipled
- Swashbuckling press website claiming C.S. Lewis converted Tolkien to christianity (obviously their data is a little confused)
- Who would like to wear garb or props at Tolkien Moot 2010?
- What kind of garb would be "true to Tolkien" to be discussed in next show.
- Rehtaeh now in New Zealand travelling "Middle-earth" and meeting the LotR / Hobbit folks hoping to have her voice in the upcoming movies
- More on language butchering, and misuse of pronouns in English language
- Ghost Hunters tangent
- Voice on Information Society's What's on your Mind (Pure Energy) sample of Leonard Nimoy from Star Trek episode "Errand of Mercy"
from the album Awakened