Live From Tolkien Moot 7 - Middle-earth Talk Radio Show 35
Not yet added
Format: MP3 (64 kbps)
Filesize: 35.1 MB (36,850,068 bytes)
A higher quality version (better audio) with some music will be added later, this current version is the audio from the video recording.
Download Video here
- Brian Huseland special guest co-host, from the Inland Empire Tolkien Society
- Using the chatroom (still applies even though Tolkien Moot over)
- Send email to middleearthradio at gmail dot com for questions
- Discussion on The Hobbit films currently in production
- Earlier attempts to bring Tolkien's stories to film
- The Rankin Bass films
- Evolution of getitng the P.J. Hobbit film made, had to make LotR first, before could make The Hobbit due to licensing issues
- The lawsuits over the P.J. Lord of the Rings movies
- P.J. and King Kong, and other projects
- Guillermo Del Toro's comes and goes.
- Tolkien Trust lawsuit settlement
- Picking nits on the Dwarven appearances
- Beards (and lack thereof)
- The hoods
- Andy Serkis, The Hobbit (gollum), King Kong (2 roles), and other roles in other productions
- Serikis also directing unit 2 in The Hobbit
- Sir Ian McKellen reprising role of Gandalf
- Christopher Lee returning in role as Saruman
- Hugo Weaving as Elrond
- and many of the LotR cast in returning roles
- During the broadcast we maxxed out the server settings (configured for 50 simultaneous users), had to reconfigure on the fly, then stayed around the 50-70 connected users
- Lord of the Rings Radio Show (with Orson Wells? audience member asking) Anyone know?
- Hobbit cast very international, and wide range of English speaking countries
- Peter Jackson and his horror side and darker side overly darkening The Hobbit
- Hobbit less epic, more focused
- Filming The Hobbit Films - Unexpected Journey and There and Back Again - filming in 48 frames per second, and filming in 3D
- Comments on Thorin
- Where will film 1 end, and film2 begin?
- Filling the gap between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
- The pieces of The Hobbit more than enough to make 2 movies with just the material of the book without needing "filler", Hawke quickly summarizes many of the parts
- How long will the movies be?
- The 3 Trolls need to speak
- Using WETA workshop and many of the same sets
- The White Council
- Dol Guldur
- The role playing campaign "Against All Their Enemies" and The Necromancer of Dol Guldur's involvement
- Role playing gaming news, Cubicle 7 releasing new Lord of the Rings role playing game Into the Wild, August 31st, 2011 (pre-releases at Gen Con August 4-7, and 175 pre-released via website)
- Campaign of Cubicle 7 set in the time between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
- Video games
- Games Workshop overpriced, and very ruthless on their license with hobby stores
- What is going on with Mithril Miniatures?
- Most of the Tolkien gamers I know won't buy Games Workshop because they are so overpriced
- Maybe end first film with the attack on Dol Guldur? (Internet chatroom statement)
- Lord of the Rings Monopoly
- The Hobbit board game by Fantasy Flight Games
- PS/2 Games Lord of the Rings
- Lord of the Rings Online - LotrO
- Mithril still doing miniatures based on non-P.J. sources, Games Workshop P.J. based licenses
- United Cutlery losing the license to Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit
- Frank Jones, vendor at Tolkien Moot providing chainmail, and had brought some United Cutlery Lord of the Rings swords
- Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings huge economic impact on New Zealand
- The New Zealand Actors Union guild strike
- Who in the USA had heard much of New Zealand befor ethe LotR PJ movies
- Xena and Hercules filmed in New Zealand?
- Parodies of Lord of the Rings (many)
- "How the Lord of the Rings Should Have Ended"
- Bored of the Rings
- Tasteful and tasteless merchandising
- Tolkien Enterprises changed name to Middle-earth Enterprises, less confusing with the Tolkien Estate and Tolkien Trust
- Tolkien Moot theme "Tolkien & Trees"
- The U.K. Tolkien Society Seminar 2011 "Tolkien & Trees" July 30th, will read Hawke's paper "in abscentia" and publish with the other papers afterwards
- Last year Tolkien Moot theme - Elves - Rehtaeh Elvish Singer
- 2 years before - Dwarves
- Some years before Numenoreans
- Ents, Huorns, Old Man Willow, White Tree of Numenor, Telperion, etc.
- Tolkien balanced view of man living with nature, against the wanton destruction
- Why does Tolkien's stories set in a "past" like other past stories, why do they have more appeal to many than if the same stories were placed in a more contemporary setting.
- Lynn Burns made Hawke's Numenorean outfit
- Tolkien Moot VIII 2012 will be at the 1913 English Tudor Mansion April 20-22
- This is the last year of Tolkien Moot for free (7 years). 2012 will no longer be fully free event.
- Incorporating as a non-profit
- Will be accepting interns and dedicated volunteers
- Going much larger next year
- Wrapping up
- July 17th, 2011 show
- The Hobbit will be filmed in 3D
- More comments from local and Internet audience
- John Travolta "Battlefield Earth" film
- Howard Shore creating Hobbit Soundtrack
- Please P.J. keep lots of music and poems and singing and playing instruments!
Not yet added
Links to latest pics released re: Hobbit:
OneRing.net poster of all 13 dwarves together with Thorin in front:
More reference links pending soon.